Our Next Discover Scuba Diving adventure will be on Wed, Sep 27, 2023. Register by Wed, Sep 20.
SIGN-UP HERE and we’ll get right back to you
Attendance is limited to 12 participants on a first-paid, first-served basis, so sign up early. When all spots are filled, further registrations will automatically go onto our waitlist for our next event, or if a spot opens up.
What is SUCI & UTSC’s Discover Scuba Diving (DSD) program?
Our DSD Program is a fun, inexpensive, exciting, and learning-packed introduction to scuba diving. Once you’ve gone on your Discover Scuba Diving Adventure, you’ll know immediately if you want to continue with our Open Water Diver Course to become a certified scuba diver.
When do you hold your DSD Adventure events?
SUCI holds DSD Adventure events on the 4th Wednesdays in March and September. Both events will run from 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.. Registration will close at 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Wednesdays. IMPORTANT: After your Discover Scuba Diving Adventure, you’ll need to wait at least 12 hours (preferably 24+ hours) before ascending to altitude (e.g. flying, mountain climbing, etc.).
Where do you hold DSD Adventures?
We hold our DSD Adventures in the Training Pool at the Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre (TPASC) at 875 Morningside Avenue, just south of Highway 401.
How much does it cost, and what do I get for my money?
The cost is $75 per person, payable in full before close of registration. We accept eTransfer (preferred), cheque, or cash. Here’s what you get for your money:
- PADI eLearning on the essentials of scuba diving (~1 hr)
- Pool instruction (both above and under water), learning, excitement, and fun on scuba (~2 hrs)
- All scuba equipment for your session including mask, snorkel, fins, weights, scuba jacket, tank and regulators.
- Membership in “ScubaEarth”, PADI’s online scuba diving community.
- 90-day trial subscription to the digital version of PADI’s “Sport Diver” magazine.
- Access to the first eLearning module of PADI’s Open Water Diver Course.
- Discover Scuba Diving eCard*
*This eCard is not a certification card that allows you to dive independently. If you wish to dive independently, you will first need to successfully complete SUCI’s Open Water Diver Certification course.
What will I learn?
You’ll learn the essentials of scuba diving and experience the thrill of what it’s like to breathe under water.
What do I need to provide?
- Your bathing suit, a t-shirt or shortie wetsuit to wear under your scuba equipment, a towel, and your sense of adventure!
- Refund ONLY if a) you cancel before close of registration, AND b) you have not started your eLearning.
Are SUCI Scuba training courses open to UTSC staff and students?
Absolutely YES! SUCI has partnered with UTSC in delivering excellence in scuba education and training since the 2015 Pan Am Games
Who can sign up for SUCI & UTSC’s Discover Scuba Diving Adventure?
Adults (18 years of age and older) may sign up on their own.
Minors aged from 10 to 17 must be signed up by their parent/guardian who must be a Full (Certified Diver) SUCI Member, and who must accompany their minors for the duration of the program.
How do I find out more information?
Email DiscoverScuba@suci2.ca and we’ll get right back to you.