Date: May 21 or 22 2022. This is a one day dive.
Number of Divers: Unlimited
Number of dives: Minimum of 2 dives. All from the shore/dock
Open spots as of November 9th, 2021: 20
Dive Rating: A
Emergency Assistance Plan: click here
Scuba Divers are Different: English; French
Cost: SUCI Fee: Divemaster: free; Divers:$20.00. Gulliver’s Lake fee: $10/scuba diver, and just $5 for Instructors, Divemasters, or Seniors (65 yr. +)
More information can be obtained by calling Brenda at 1 905 659-7300.
** Good opportunity for the first cold water dive of the season.
This is our first scheduled dive of the season. It is a single day dive that can be a two-day dive with the group’s consent. The Divemaster and the membership will make that determination the day of the dive but are hoping the weather will cooperate for Saturday, May 22. The first dive is planned at around 10 am. The Divemaster will give more details. Divers must fill in a release form available at the front gate. THIS DIVE IS A 1 OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL THOSE MEMBERS THAT WILL PARTICIPATE IN THE ST. CLAIR RIVER DIVE. It is a great opportunity to test out your equipment, new and old, test your compass skills, check to see if your dry suit leaks, get to use an alternate air source (that you will need for Dive # 4, # 5 and #6 of the St. Clair River) and possibly experience a thermocline.
Water temperatures will be in the mid-’50s with a depth of 0-25 feet. There are designated diving and parking areas, with 2 club owned platforms that can be used with the permission of the clubs if they are present. For over 30 years, Gulliver’s Lake Park has been a friendly, well-maintained family escape that brings guests back year after year. We welcome you to a true natural wonder, our 14-acre lake spring-fed by artesian wells. We also offer organized events, safe swimming, and areas to host your next family or company picnic.
Park Day Use Regulations:
Gulliver’s Lake Park has a large area for day use – both picnicking and swimming. Day use is available every day the park is open (starting at 9:00 am) and closes at 7:30 pm daily
Please note that the following regulations apply and are enforced:
– No glass bottles or containers of any kind
– No animals allowed
– No fishing in the lake
– Swim at your own risk
– Offensive language is not permitted
– No food, beverages, or cigarettes in the water
There are garbage containers throughout the park. Children must be supervised by a parent or guardian.
Fees at Gulliver’s Lake have changed as of 2020. Bring your diving certification card, as you will need to sign a waiver available at the gate or sign ahead of time if sent by your Divemaster. Fees are as follows:
- No parking fees for cars of scuba divers
- $10.00 per scuba diver
- $5 for Instructors or Divemasters or Seniors (65 yr. +)
- Children are $10 if over the age of 12 yr., $5 if 12 yr. and under, and free if under 6 yr.
From the East
– Take the QEW West to Highway 403
– Take Highway 403 to Highway 6 North towards Guelph
– Follow Highway 6 North to Safari Road/RR-501
– Turn left onto Safari Road/RR-501
– Follow Safari Road to 792 Safari Road Gulliver’s Lake Park
– Take Highway 401 West to Highway 6 (south)
– Continue on Highway 6 (south) to Safari Road
– Turn Right onto Safari Road and continue to Gulliver’s Lake Park.